Chick incubation and embryology kit complete with lesson plan for hatching chicken or duck eggs in the classroom or for a science project. Ideal for science educators interested in teaching older students more advanced aspects of incubation and embryology.
60 Quail, 40 Pheasant, 24 Chicken, 20 Duck, or 9-12 Goose eggs
The kit comes in a sturdy reusable storage box and consists of:
- "The Egg Story" Lesson Plan manual on CD-ROM
- Octagon 20 Advance digital incubator with fully automatic egg turning (capacity approx. 24 hen eggs but suitable for eggs of all sizes from quail up to goose eggs without any additional accessories.
- OvaScope battery operated egg scope to watch embryo development (includes 4 AA batteries)
- Brooder module
- Plastic chick enclosure
- 10" Feed Trough
- 1 Qt (litre) Drinker
- Full operating & troubleshooting instructions
- List of fertile eggs suppliers
- Plus FREE... Brinsea Incubation Disinfectant Concentrate
- 2 Year warranty
- No moving parts inside the incubator so ideal for more advanced embryology projects with petri dishes or windowed eggs.
- Preset temperature and easy to use menu driven controls
- Digital display of temperature and humidity
- "The Egg Story" lesson plan explains entire process of hatching eggs. Includes day by day color pictures of the developing and hatching chicken, so it is easy to see what stage your embryo is in up to the day. It shows how an egg is formed, what its different parts and functions are and how a chick embryo develops and hatches. It also gives an insight into particular biological topics such as blood circulation, respiration and bones.
- Further useful resources have been included at the end of the manual to consolidate the embryology and hatching project but also enhance programs in nutrition and mathematics for instance. Particularly suited to elementary and middle school science projects, the lesson plans are flexible and can easily be tailored to younger students needs.
Octagon® 20 Advance (approx)
Quail - 60
Pheasant - 40
Hen - 24
Duck - 20
Goose - 9/12
20 only 35 x 26 x 26cms
(13 3/4 x 10 1/4 x 10 1/4)
20 with cradle
43 x 26 x 30cms
(17" x 10 1/4" x 12")
220/240v, 50 Hz
|Chicken Egg Capacity||No|
|Goose Egg Capacity||No|
|Quail Egg Capacity||No|
- Simply ExcellentReview by Ms. Banks
Value Quality Price