Room To Grow
These nifty grow off pens provide a great place to raise chicks that are past 4 weeks old. At this point, while your chicks still need a protected and safe place to grow, the heating elements provided by a brooder are no longer necessary. By moving your chicks into a grow off pen, you are able to clear up your brooder for more new chicks, and thus have a higher production rate. You will be able to fit about half the chicks in here as you can in the Universal Box Brooder, Item #0534 also available by GQF MFG, so it is recommended that you get 2 grow off pens for each brooder. Since these items are the same size, they are easily converted into a battery, or can be purchased all together in the Brooder Plus Two Expanded Grow Off Pens, Item #0703.
When growing larger birds, it is recommended that you add the viewable expander for brooder and grow pens, item #0525. This increases your head room to 14" instead of 9 3/4".
1 Grow Off Pen with 3 food/water troughs and removable drop pan
- Same as Universal Box Brooder, but without the expense of heating elements and thermostat.
- Has sliding door panels on front and sides that have a 1" x 4" mesh openings, bottom half coverd with adjustable solid gate.
- Can hold 24 chicks at 4 weeks of age, 50 quail chicks at 4 weeks.
- Allows you to increase your production by clearing out your brooder more quickly.
- Can be expanded or turned into battery by adding additional items.
- Includes 3 exterior mounted food/water troughs that not only allow plenty of access by chicks, but also helps maintain more sanitary conditions.
- Gates can be adjusted to allow more or less access to food and water troughs, based on size/age of birds.
- Has wire mesh floor, tested to be the correct strength and square size so that droppings can pass through, and birds are well-supported.
- All 3 side panels and back door are easily removed for cleaning.
Interior Dimensions: 36" long x 30" wide x 9 3/4" head room
Exterior Dimensions: 38" x 32" x 12"
|UPC||Does Not Apply|
|Chicken Egg Capacity||No|
|Goose Egg Capacity||No|
|Quail Egg Capacity||No|
- Great Product!Review by vicki
Price Value Quality